4Xploring will conduct vehicle inspections prior to the adventure departure. A participant’s vehicle that fails to meet these minimum standards will be asked to leave and will not be allowed to participate on the adventure.
- Vehicle must be street legal – licensed, insured and in good mechanical order
- Vehicle must be able to safely maintain 65 MPH on pavement
- Vehicle is required to be 4WD with operational low range capability
- Vehicle must have factory installed roll bar or unmodified hardtop at a minimum
- Vehicle must have functioning seat belts/restraints for all occupants.
- Restraints must be worn at all times. A Sport Cage added to the factory bar is highly recommended
- Vehicle must have 150 Mile Fuel Range Capability (NOTE: Adventures requiring increased capacity/range – will be clearly stated)
- Vehicle must have functional mechanical battery hold down
- Vehicle must have matching spare tire – both in size and wheel bolt pattern
- Vehicle must carry appropriate jack and tools to change a tire in any conditions
- Vehicle must have winch of suitable rating for the vehicle it is mounted to
- Vehicle must have recovery gear – tow strap, tree saver, clevis and snatch block
- Vehicle must have operational communications – VHF / UHF “race radio” is mandatory
- Vehicle must have safety gear – to include: Fire
- Extinguisher, First Aid and Spill Kit
- Vehicle must carry emergency water/food rations for all occupants to last 24 hours
- Stock Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4dr) Rubicon or equivalent for 1-4 rated events
- 35″ Minimum Tire Size for 5-6 rated events. Recommend one locking differential
- 37″ Minimum Tire Size for 7-8 rated events. Front and rear locking differentials required
- 40” Minimum Tire Size for 9-10 rated events. Front and rear locking differentials required
- 9-10 Rated Events require a full roll cage and race style harnesses are recommended
NOTE: 2007 and newer Wrangler Unlimited 4 doors (JKu) may be required, at discretion of the 4Xploring staff, to have larger than the minimum recommended tire size for the event
- Alcoholic beverages are NOT ALLOWED on roads or trails! Use is only permissible AFTER the evening drivers meeting – when the driving day is done. NO EXCEPTIONS
- All participants are required to run the provided sticker package for the duration of the trip. No branding other than what is provided will be permitted – jeep club stickers must be approved in writing prior to departure
- Must be self-sufficient – tools and spare parts need to be carried to repair your vehicle. A 4Xploring representative will provide guidance if requested.
- Appropriate outdoor clothing is important. Weather is unpredictable, have appropriate clothing for outdoor activities – 4Xploring will release a pre-trip “what to expect” suggested item list prior to the event. Our recommendation: LAYERS! Good gloves for the hands, good beanie for your head, good socks and boots.
- Remember loose fitting layers keep you warmer. Rain gear is highly recommended
- Drinking water is extremely important, 3 day supply is highly recommended
- Insect repellent
4Xploring staff will conduct events that have overnight primitive camping. These events will be clearly stated on the adventure page for that event. 4Xploring will release a suggested item list for these adventures. Please keep in mind, items must be stowed in your vehicle – size and weight can be a concern.
Primitive Camping Requirements:
- Quality tent of suitable size for driver and co-driver
- Sleeping bags rated to keep driver and co-driver warm
- Suitable sleeping mat, air mattress, etc.
- Means to prepare your food
- Means to pack out your trash (includes human waste)